Saturday, January 24, 2009

new job


Models in the photo are Bob's three daughters, not actual hobos.
I am not looking after my Mom anymore and I quit my job at the Asylum so I guess it is time to look for a new job. Bob doesn't say it but sometimes I can hear his thoughts from across the living room , something like the telltale heart, saying "hey I work 2 full time jobs and take care of my mother who is one thousand years old and really, really irritating, when are you going back to work? "(I may not have heard the part about really, really irritating, I may be making that part up. )
Given my particular skillset and more importantly my wardrobe, I may have to rule out sherpa, my clothes aren't quite that nice and I am kind of lazy, I couldn't climb a mountain if wolves were chasing me up it. But if it comes down to a mcjob or a return to my one day career with 7-11 I have decided instead to hit the rails and become a hobo. Sophie bin Laden will have to come with me I guess she will be a hoboette. She will have to dance in front of a little tin can while strangers throw pennies to her. We will have little matching outfits like something you would see on the old Carole Burnette Show. I am kind of worried about jumping on and off the trains, I'm not very fast and I will insist on wearing birkenstocks. So if things don't work out watch for me at train crossings or where ever hobo's hang out cooking over tin cans and playing the harmonica. That picture is of Sophie and her two pretty sisters, they are not actual hobos. Sophie seems to have a real affinity to dancing around fire. This seems worrisome. valerie

7 comments:

  1. Valerie - Maybe you should write a book??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara B, that's really nice. valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya valerie, what a GREAT idea...hmm..i've been saying that for years! then you could both stay home with sophie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you're so good at "hearing" my thoughts, guess what I'm thinking now!!!!
    St Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sense some bitterness, that's no way to get a papal congratulation or whatever saints get. valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kylie has the same sock monkey pj's. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, SOphie's pajamas don't fit anymore. I loved them too and kept putting them on her till they fit like a thong. poor sophie. Valerie

    ReplyDelete